MODSIM World 2013, a multi-disciplinary international Modeling and Simulation Conference and Exposition, begins on April 30th in Hampton Roads, Virginia. MODSIM World is a multi-disciplinary conference for the exchange of modeling and simulation knowledge, research and technology across industry, government and academia.
|Modeling and Simulation Conference and Exposition|
Areas of focus at the conference and exposition include:
- Engineering & Applied Science
- Information Assurance and Cyber Warfare
- Cross-Cutting Applications in Modeling and Simulation
- Education/Workforce Development
- Transportation, and Manufacturing.
The event includes a tour of the NASA Langley Research Center, NASA’s oldest field center. Langley Research Center primarily focuses on aeronautical research and is responsible for a number of technology breakthroughs, including the development of the Lunar Landing Facility, that enabled NASA to simulate the effects of lunar gravity.
Conference Highlights Include:
- Education and Workforce Development Track: “Teaching STEM through Modeling, Simulations and Games in Education”.
- Defense Track: “Senior Leaders Perspective on Modeling and Simulation”.
- Healthcare and Medicine Track: “An Examination of the use of Simulation for Improving Healthcare Logistics, Learning, Knowledge, and Skills”.
- Homeland Security and Cyber Analytics Track: “Modeling, Simulation and Risk Analysis”.
- Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics Track: “Simulation-Based Adaptive Decision Support in a Shipyard Environment”.
For more information about this modeling and simulation conference and exposition visit the MODSIM World 2013 web site.